Sunday, June 24, 2012

Laundry Time!

I thought I would share one of my country girl in the big city experiences from this week. Bill's been doing his own laundry while he's been down here. I know I was shocked too. It's amazing what men and children can do when they must! His sorting might have been a little too specific. He used 6 machines for one weeks worth of clothes for one person. I know! That's a lot of laundry right? I never said they were full machines! Anyway, the importnt thing is that the clothes got clean and he's still alive.

So one morning after a bad cup of McDonald's coffee I gathered the laundry. I texted Bill to find out where he usually went and when I got no response I decided to google laundromats near my current location. The first and closest one was called "number one laundromat" I put the address in my new best friend, the gps, and headed out. It was only about two blocks from the hotel. I arrived at the strip mall where it was located. I felt like I had arrived in Mexico and I'm not talking about the white sand beachy section. I'm thinking more along the lines of the section of Mexico city where every home has a secure safe room. I'm sure all the gentleman were just sweet good citizens enjoying A relaxing day off from their demanding jobs, but I wasn't going to take a chance. So I headed to the next one on the list. A much nicer location near the local community college. It was run by a truly sweet Asian man with a southern accent. Yes, picture broken English spoken with a Chinese Southern drawl. And to think I was worried about the kids being made fun of for their fun y accents. When I got back to the hotel I asked Bill why he sent me to that bad section of the city to do laundry. He said he hadn't even noticed that it was bad. He just did his laundry and left. Of course, now that he knows that the area is loaded with day workers looking for work be wil most likely return with his laundry and hire someone to do the laundry! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment