Saturday, August 4, 2012

Home Sweet Home

We finally closed on the house yesterday. It has been an exhausting 2 1/2 weeks. The kids started school August 1st. This meant that we had to do an hour commute at 5:45am to get Cole to school on time. Since he goes to school first. if everyone had been able to get to sleep at a decent hour it wouldn't have been too bad. Unfortunately, hotel living means everyone goes to sleep or stays awake together. Repeat that schedule a few days, throw in softball tryouts and football practices and what ya get is some very grumpy kids and two exhausted parents. So needless to say in spite of sleeping on air mattresses that were going flat and army cots we all slept very well and very long last night!

Today we moved most of the stuff from the storage unit down here. The washer and dryer are hooked up and running. The refrigerator is connected and producing icy cold water. I've so missed that minor convenience. Believe it or not I actually missed my washer machine and dryer too. Don't laugh! I spend at least two hours a day attending to laundry, of course, it's my best friend! It will probably be even more so now that I left my best friends in PA. We'll be spending the night on air mattresses again tonight. After the carpets are cleaned the movers will get the rest of the stuff from storage. Te heaviest thing we own is probably our Tempur Pedic mattress. It's floppy and heavy. So someone else is carrying that thing up the steps!

I am hoping to post a video tour of our new house but I'm not sure blogger will let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment